Beaded Necklace challenge
Identify the perfect beaded necklace and make one of your own.
Materials: work sheet, beads, needles, and jewelry string
A perfect bead necklaces.
Repeats around the whole necklace so there is no one starting or stopping point.
Perfect beaded necklaces:
- Beads are: blue, green, blue, green
- Beads are: 2 black, 2 white
- 5 red, 5 blue or 5 red 5 blue 5 red 5 blue
Not perfect beaded necklaces:
- Beads are: pink, purple, pink
- Beads are: 3 white, 3 black, 3 white
- Beads are: 5 red 5 blue 5 red
Which of these are perfect beaded necklaces?
Design a perfect necklace and draw one in each box:
Select one of your designs and make your perfect necklace.
Try this challenge:
A jeweler wants to know how many different necklaces can be made according to the following conditions.
- There are 8 beads from which to chose. 4 red and 4 blue.
- Colors must alternate.
- Beads can be grouped, but groups must follow the same rules (alternate and be the same color on each end.
- The color on each end must be the same color & have the same number if in a group.
Necklaces the jeweler would like:
Necklaces the jeweler would not like:
- R B
How many necklace patterns can you find the jeweler would like?